There are several factors that digital markers need to consider before they pay for backlinks from a certain site. For several years, marketers have used page authority and domain authority as the critical metrics in identifying high-quality sites. Keep reading this guide to know how you can check your website domain authority.
Major domain authority checker tools
The best way you can measure the authority of the domain is by using online tools such as:
Moz Link Explorer
It initially defined the domain authority and set a 0 to 100 scale for measuring authority. You can use the Moz Link Explorer to calculate most domains’ DA and analyze links to such a domain. However, the company limits clients on their queries until they fully pay for the services.
Ubbersuggest encompasses a set of SEO tools that includes fundamental domain authority checker components, and it can offer you the information you require after a few seconds. In this case, you will not enter your site URL to see its page authority and DA.
It is a paid search analytics tool. However, you are allowed to make 10 free queries after you have signed up for your account. Using this tool, you can access different measures such as page authority, domain authority, organic traffic, and search engine rankings.
How domain authority is calculated
Domain authority ranking involves using machine learning to examine the authority of every domain based on backlink signals, popularity, and quality. You can carry out the calculation in the following steps:
The initial machine learning algorithm employs backlinks, website traffic, and organic search data to understand the rankings of the most trusted and famous domains.
The second algorithm will use backlink data to determine how a site decreases or increases its authority by generating more links. In this case, domain authority is calculated using the following metrics:
- The referring domains to your site both in quality and quantity
- Inbound links-Follow versus no-follow links pointing to your website
- Outbound links- the follow versus no-follow links moving out of your site.
- The outbound links from every referring domain.
- Referring subnets
- Referring IPs
- Total backlinks
The value of the domain authority is measured on a scale of 0-100. The final score is measured by comparing the most authoritative domains.
What is the best domain authority ranking?
It can be convenient to receive a link from another site to your site. However, the necessity of inbound links depends on your goals, marketing tasks, niche, and industry.
Normally, a score of 0 implies that you have the weakest domain. However, an authority score is used for domain comparison and not to determine how bad or good the domains are when measured on an absolute scale. Therefore, you need to judge the authority score of certain domains concerning similar sites in the neighboring or same niches.
How to use the authority score ranking
The authority score might offer helpful data which might assist you to enhance your link building while searching for quality domains and enhance your site’s authority by tweaking SEO efforts. You can use authority score in the following scenarios:
- Monitoring negative SEO
- Tracking the effect of an SEO campaign with time
- Judging by the domain, you want to buy
- Examining your link builds prospects
- To measure how you compare with your competitors
- To benchmark against other indexable sites online
Factors that can make your domain authority change
Since domain authority encompasses several calculations and metrics, it can be challenging to determine the exact issue contributing to certain changes. If your score has dropped or increased, below are the factors that might be contributing to that:
- Your DA might be at the bottom of the scoring spectrum, and the scaling fluctuations affect it
- The domain authorities might have crawled and included fewer or more of your linking domain in their index than they included in the previous crawl
- You might have earned site links from aspects with little or no meaningful contribution to rankings on Google
- Your highest authority websites might have experienced significant link growth, leading to an increase in the scaling process
- Search engines might not have captured the growth of your link profile in their web index
The main aspect of undertaking the domain authority aspects of your site is recognizing each domain’s score and comparing it with other domains. Most importantly, you can check the DA of your site using several tools, such as Moz link explorer and Ubersuggest. To read more information about domain authority checker tools, you can look at a DR checker.
Leave a Reply