Twitch TV has made it immensely beneficial for its users to promote live streaming and complimenting video game players. It can be streamed on all the popular devices like Smart TV, smartphones, iPads, and MacBooks. But many users don’t know how to activate their Twitch TV account on a smart TV. This article will help you to activate Twitch TV on twitch.tv activate.
How To Use The Twitch TV Activation Code On Different Devices
You will need a Twitch activation code for activating Twitch TV on your Android Smart TV, Amazon Firestick, or Roku. This activation code is used for verifying your account as well as your device for login purposes.
Steps For Activation on Smart TV.
The following are the steps through which you can use the Twitch activation code:
- Install Twitch TV on your smart TV. After installation, you will see a code on the TV screen. This is the activation code for login purposes.
- Now, open a web browser on your PC/iOS/Android device and create 2 tabs. Make sure that these tabs aren’t in incognito mode.
- In one of these tabs, enter your Twitch username and password to log in. Your account must have a valid subscription too.
- In another tab, visit twitch.com/activate and enter the activation code you got before on the TV screen.
- After using the Twitch TV activation code, your Twitch account will be automatically signed in on the Twitch app of your smart TV.
The activation code of Twitch TV is necessary for verification and logging purposes of the Twitch account on your smartphone or other devices. An individual can log in to the Twitch account on a device without using the activation code. However, the individual won’t be allowed to view the stream of any of his/her favorite streamers.
Activate Twitch On Android TV
You can activate Twitch on your Android TV if you don’t have any other streaming device. Using the Twitch TV activation code and www.twitch.tv/activate will make it simple for you to activate your Twitch TV account.
The following are the steps through which you can activate your Twitch TV:
- Search for the Twitch TV app in the Play Store of your Android TV and download it. After its installation, sign in using your credentials for your Twitch account.
- An activation code will be displayed on your TV screen.
- Open a web browser on your PC or Smartphone and log in to the Twitch app through the browser. Make sure that the smartphone/PC and TV are connected to the same WiFi router for activating Twitch TV on your smart TV. If both aren’t on the same network, your Twitch TV account won’t be activated.
- Further, open twitch.tv/activate and enter the activation code.
- After entering the activation code, you would be able to stream Twitch TV smoothly on your smart TV.
Activate Twitch TV ON Amazon Firestick
Amazon Firestick offers its users to view the content of several streaming platforms like Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, etc. Twitch TV is one of the top popular streaming platforms used by Firestick users. The following are the steps that will help you to activate your Twitch TV account on Firestick:
- Connect your smart TV with the Firestick. Make sure that the internet connectivity is strong.
- Open the ‘Application Store’ on Firestick and search for the Twitch TV app. After its installation, launch it on your smart TV and login into your Twitch account. Note down the activation code displayed on the screen.
- Open a web browser on your smartphone or PC and navigate to twitch.tv/activate for activation purposes.
- Use your Twitch TV credentials to log in. When you see the activation field on your TV screen, enter the activation code. You will now be able to watch Twitch TV.
You might face some difficulties while activating Twitch TV on your Firestick for the first few times. In this case, you should try activating the Twitch TV a few more times or upgrade your Firestick version.
Activate Twitch TV On Roku
Being an easy-to-carry device, Roku will allow you to watch your favorite content on different platforms seamlessly. But while activating Twitch TV, Roku users face many difficulties. Roku is quite similar to Firestick in functionality, but Roku doesn’t have a very user-friendly interface. If you are a Roku user and you are unaware of how to use it for watching Twitch TV, you should follow the below steps:
- Before connecting Roku to your smart TV, you must ensure that your smart TV is connected to the internet.
- For installing Twitch TV, use the menu button on the remote for navigating to the ‘Streaming Channels’ menu. In this menu, find Twitch TV through the search bar and add it to the streaming list.
- Launch the Twitch TV app on the smart TV and note down the activation code displayed on the screen.
- Further, open a web browser on your PC or Smartphone and navigate to twitch.tv.
- Use your Twitch credentials to login and open twitch.tv/activate in a new tab for activation purposes.
- Enter the activation code. When the screen refreshes, you will be able to watch Twitch TV on your Roku.
Here is a video on How to Activate Twitch.
Whether you want to activate Twitch TV on your Smart TV with Roku or Firestick, this article will help you do so. We hope that you will follow those steps for activating your Twitch TV account on twitch.tv activate and enjoy the live stream of your favorite game.