Plex is like a gift from God for people who have a really hard time managing their media storage and want to access it from different devices. In this era, everyone has their choices of movies, TV shows, and other forms of entertainment, with the amazingly wide options in our hands, it seldom gets too complicated to manage these files. Plex TV Link offers an effective solution to this problem, it provides options to you so that you can access your media files from any compatible device without the need of transferring these files every time you want to use them. To access all these data you need to set up a Plex server and then use Plex client on your TV, Smartphone devices. This article is about how to connect your Plex client to your plex account. On smartphones, it is easy to connect but for a TV you need to complete extra steps. This article will guide you to connect plex to your TV.
According to Plex’s official website, it is like a portal where Plex enables you to find and access all your media, this may include anything from your personal files, podcasts, web shows, and news, to streaming music all in a single place, which could be browsed and accessed from any device with valid entry to your Plex TV server.
This service not only lets you watch your stuff, but has tons of other features in its trunk. From tracking your content, remotely organizing, optimizing media for devices or bandwidth, and protecting your privacy, it does all that you can expect. There are several other perks of using Plex over other services-
- You can share your content without any geographical limitations. No physical boundaries can stop you from accessing your desirable content.
- Stream music. You are not just bound by video content, but music has the same aids in the Plex System.
- Set up your DVR and record your shows from over-the-air and watch it anywhere. WOAH!! (Premium Membership Feature)
- You can simply link your TIDAL account and have access to over 60 million songs.
Well, using an HTPC (Home Theatre PC) has never been more convenient and easy. The company has made sure that the entire process of running the Plex stays under your control at all times because let’s face it who has got the time and energy in this time to call up the customer care executive and wait for him to solve your issue.
Before proceeding with this Just make sure your Plex server is up and running and you have created an account on Plex.tv.
Steps to Activate Plex TV Link.
These steps are used to link your Big screen devices like Android TV, Smart TV, and Apple TV, etc. As you know typing your password on such devices can a bit tricky. To save you from the hassle of typing your Password on such devices Plex and other services like YouTube use this 4-character login code method to connect your account.
- On your TV choose the Sign In Option on screen.
- Now, You will be able to see a 4-character code on your TV screen. This is the code which we will use for sign-in.
- Go to https://plex.tv/link on a computer or Smartphone. Put your Plex account details on this page and Login into it.
- Once you are logged in it will ask you the 4-character code. You can see this on your TV Screen. Enter the code and click the submit button.
- Once you are done with all 4 steps. Your Plex app on TV should refresh itself and will be linked to your account. This can take a few seconds.
How to Set up Plex Media Server on Your Computer.
To access your media files saved on your computer device, you obviously first need to set up the Plex Media Server for the app to read and access your files on other devices. You need not worry, it is no rocket science and don’t let these words in believing you that it is going to be a tough job.
We have also written a guide on Openload Pair and how to sync it.
- First things first, you need to head on to Plex.tv and proceed to the Sign-up page (No Credit Cards required- WOOHOO), where you need to complete the required steps. Now you are ready to download the Plex Media Server Software.
- Navigate to plex.tv/media-server-downloads. Select the operating system based on what your system is based on. You need to install the Plex Media Server on the computer or any network-attached server (NAS) device where you are going to store your movies, shows images, music, videos, and other media files.
How to Set up Plex Application on other devices.
- You can download the mobile application from the Google Play Store or Amazon App Store or Apple App Store.
- The most important thing for you to do is to connect your Plex App to the relevant Plex account (The same account used in the Server).
If you are using devices that have the option of a typing interface, Plex provides you multiple options for signing in Google, Facebook, Apple, or the OG Email ID and password system.
But, if you have to log in to devices like a smart TV, you get the option to sign in using a 4-digit code, hence relieving you from typing long IDs and passwords all the time. As soon as you enter the code on your TV, the player would refresh itself, showing you the options available.
Why is it important to sign in to your Plex Account?
It is quite essential for any user to sign in to the Plex TV Link in order to enjoy the benefits. Without which you will be missing the following features-
- Plex App on devices such as Sony PlayStation, Xbox, SmartTVs will not work at all without a sign-in.
- Remote access to your home server is only possible when you are logged in.
- You can even enjoy the content that is shared by your friends and family from around the globe.
- If you have a Plex Pass Subscription, it is mandatory for you to log in to have the features.