Customer service data migration is the process of transferring data between different help desks or ticketing systems permanently. This process includes all the necessary preparations so all the historical data is moved in full, without loss, and in the correct places on the destination platform. Also, immediately after the move, all data should be available to use at any time.
Salesforce migration is the procedure of moving customer service data from another support service tool or ticketing system like Zendesk, Intercom or Freshdesk for example. This process is quite a task even for IT officers, product owners, platform administrators, and any other C-lever manager who is responsible for customer service in the company due to its complexity, time resources and destruction of priorities. Definitely, you can carry out service data migration on your own, but without the necessary skills and knowledge – it would be challenging to code your custom API importer or quite a pile of money to outsource such a task. And if you have an IT dept, your team would be distracted from their core workload and drag your business processes and improvement down for around six months. Let’s say you spend three months preparing customer service data and migrating and three months developing your custom importer along with working on your core product or service…
Why would you need Salesforce data migration
The most common reasons to change the help desk system are:
- Looking for a more powerful, cheaper, or more suitable feature aspect help desk or ticketing system. Often, companies move from Zendesk to Freshdesk, ServiceNow to Salesforce Service Cloud, Intercom to HubSpot Service Hub, and so on.
- Business consolidates their help desk instances to have all the customer service data in a single platform.
- Legislative and/or internal audit requirements to have all customer service interactions in the same system and comply with all requirements.
Usually, no matter what the goal is for those who want to migrate data, at least one advantage is always achieved – the customer service team starts to work faster and more productively.
However, many companies want to move their customer service data to Salesforce in a fast way and without the downtime of the workflow. That is possible to do via API importers or automated migration services..
How to properly migrate data
Before migrating your Salesforce data you should understand what goal you are pursuing. Do you need to relocate data from the current support service system, or do you need to transfer data from several instances to Salesforce. Or you need to tailor the records you want to switch according to your business or legislative needs – that heavy lifting can be done effortlessly.
The market is rich in various importers and you can hire an outsourcing agency that will develop you some custom data importers. But you can also take advantage of an automated migration service – Help Desk Migration. Customer service data transfer isn’t a piece of cake and, often, it demands some heavy legwork for filtering, adding custom fields, and creating agent profiles on the targeted platform manually. But with Migration Wizard all that can be handled automatedly and created during setting up your migration. Besides, the free test drive of the service helps to see the process in action, and also see how your records would look like on Salesforce Service Cloud.
Every business cares about data security and SaaS security on the vendor’s side matters too., With the automated migration service, your data is secured on the four layers of security that are:
- Physical – all servers and data storage databases are protected around the clock from any attacks.
- Virtual – during the transfer of data, the process is monitored by both automated protection systems and real employees of the cyber security service.
- Application protection – the site is also under constant protection.
- An additional layer of protection is constant and regular audits.
Besides, the free demo migration to Salesforce, Help Desk Migration provides a dozen of useful materials and guides on how to prepare, plan, move customer service data, and tune your Service Cloud up after everything is transferred.