Pretty much everyone within the gambling community has heard of cryptocurrencies and digital assets. Bitcoin is the most established online currency, along with Ripple’s XRP. However, there are several crypto-exclusive casinos accepting altcoins. Altcoins are alternative cryptocurrencies that aren’t as popular, such as Litecoin. While altcoins aren’t as widely known, alternative tokens work just like other types of online capital. You may already use altcoins and not even know it.
Using Altcoins for Gambling
CryptoCasinos has tons of details and information regarding online gambling and sports betting with digital currencies. Below, you will find a comprehensive list of the top five altcoins accepted by trustworthy crypto-friendly casinos and Sportsbooks. Additionally, online gamers may consider investing in one of the five following altcoins for gambling.
- Ether – Ethereum’s digital token is wildly popular but is considered an altcoin. Ethereum’s platform has produced several other altcoins that casinos accept for bets and wagers. Ether ranks as the second-largest active cryptocurrency per market capital. Ether’s value has remained steady while other currency’s values dropped. Several casinos recommended by Crypto Casinos accept Ether transactions.
- Mana – Decentraland’s digital currency is called Mana, and it uses Ethereum’s blockchain platform. Decentraland’s virtual reality network lacks limits and is user-owned. Mana is an example of a non-fungible token used for in-game purchases. Gamers purchase virtual land plots to build an empire using Mana for transactions.
- Atri Crypto – Atari has reentered the gaming world by joining forces with Decentraland. Ultimately, Atari entered the crypto game by creating Atari tokens. Atri crypto tokens allow gamers to experience exciting new gaming capabilities powered by the well-known video game mogul. However, Atri tokens exclusively are for e-gaming and are not widely accepted by every online casino.
- Decentral Games – Decentral Games tokens are also used for in-game purchases and wagers. DG tokens use virtual reality and casino game classics to create a stellar gaming alternative, mainly to attract younger players. DG tokens are accepted for games like blackjack and roulette on the Decentral Games platform. Besides slots, players will also find board games, such as backgammon. Mana, Ether, Atri, and DG tokens all operate within Ethereum’s blockchain, relying on Ethereum’s smart contracts.
- Dogecoin – Dogecoin started as an internet joke and grew into a cryptocurrency giant. Dogecoin’s roller-coaster market activity has led it to the top of the crypto charts. Early Dogecoin investors have received massive returns by as much as tenfold. Altcoins have stood in the shadow of Bitcoin for several years, but the crypto boom introduced new digital alternatives.
Novice crypto gamers should understand token values and follow the crypto exchange market. Every altcoin has different values that can change without notice. Keeping watch on the crypto exchange market allows players to make educated investments without substantial risks. Players should note that gambling with altcoins still comes with real-time gains and losses, even when playing with non-fungible tokens or in-game investments.
Ether has become a leader within the crypto market and is expected to grow by leaps in bounds. Ethereum’s presence within the crypto community has made its blockchain one of the most valuable in the world. As blockchain’s smart contracts enter other markets, Ethereum’s security will only get better. Experienced crypto players highly recommend using Ether tokens or altcoins associated with Ethereum.