Snipping tools are wonderful small apps that will allow you to capture screenshots of any part of Mac desktop. With this, you can easily capture anything including active windows. This tool is best used when you want to take a picture without capturing the whole screen and want to focus on a single part.
In this article, we’ll know about the 10 best snipping tools which are specially designed for MAC users.
What is a Snipping tool?
The snipping tool is Microsoft’s inbuilt tool that helps users to capture the screenshot and also helps users to add effects and edits to the image captured. In short, it presents you with many opportunities and techniques to work with the captured screenshot.
It offers four screenshot modes for you
- Free-form Snip
- Rectangular Snip
- Window Snip
- Full-screen Snip
Read our guide on Best Roku private channel for your streaming content.
10 Best Snipping tools for Mac:
Here are the 10 of the best and extremely useful snipping tools for Mac. They are:
- Nimbus Screenshot And Screencast
- Apowersoft Mac Screenshot
Jing is one of the best snipping tools on a Mac. This app is very premium and good looking, Also, This offers a huge list of features to capture spontaneous and informative screenshots.
This tool is very effortless to use and allows its users to use its drag and select characteristic to capture the wanted portion of the picture in a snap.
These are the features Jing offers to its users:
- Allows the users, ability to capture the active windows present on the desktop.
- To take a screenshot of a whole desktop, active windows only of the selected area.
- Lets you capture the screenshot of the scrolling text.
- Ability to record video of your desktop pursuit.
- Shares screenshots to anyone directly through email.
- It has lots of elements like annotations, highlights, captions, etc.., to edit the screenshots.
Here is the link to JING official site.
This snipping tool helps you to capture your Mac’s screen with ease. It is one of those which will allow you to capture both screenshots and to record the screen. It has a lot of wonderful features to use this tool, some of the features are:
- It allows you to capture screenshots of desktops screen.
- Lets you capture screenshots of the scrolling screens.
- Can capture the video stills.
- Can create animated gifs from the captured screenshots.
- The editing features are easy to use.
- Also, has lots of stamps, shapes, and emoticons.
- You can capture either the full desktop or a particular window.
LightShot is one of the top snipping tools available for Mac that has so many features that will help you to capture and edit the screenshots better.
The following are the best features of this tool:
- The drag-and-select feature of this will help you capture a screenshot of the precise space.
- It also displays the same images once you capture a screenshot to compare.
- It also has image enhancements tools to edit the captured screenshots.
- Share screenshots directly through the mail.
- Easy to understand interface.
- Also available for the chrome version.
Other than these snipping tools, You can try free plagiarism checker online.
SnapNDrag is a convenient MacBook snipping tool that allows you to capture a screenshot of the full desktop screen or specific portion you want to take. This has both paid and free versions. The pro version has options to resize images, allows you to assign global hotkeys, has no ads.
Given below are some of the features:
- It has a library for your screenshots
- It can Share screenshots directly to Twitter, Facebook, email.
- It can interpret your screenshots
- Also has multiple output formats for screenshots like PNG, JPEG or TIFF)
- It has both borders and scaling for screenshots and offers custom keyboard shortcuts.
This is an online service will substitute cloud storage, secure content management system, and snipping tool for Mac. It also works both on Windows and Chrome versions. With this, you can capture the image and can edit it easily.
The following are the key features of MonoSnap
- It has many customizable hotkeys to capture and edit the screenshots.
- It has Sharp editing tools for editing.
- It can hide any private information with a blur tool in the screenshots.
- Offers Free cloud storage space for the screenshots.
- allows you to create video and animated GIFs
- It can save screenshots directly to the cloud storage or into the PC.
6. Nimbus Screenshot And Screencast
Nimbus tops the tools when you want to take the screenshot of your Windows as this tool is a browser-based screen capturing tool. This will let you take screenshots without it installed on your PC.
You can just capture the picture by using this tool and by using its crop feature, just crop out your desired image.
The following are its best features:
- It has a very best editor interface for easy customizations.
- You can edit after the screenshot is captured.
- Also, it equips you with the ability to attach objects to screenshots.
- It helps you in capturing screenshots by utilizing the browser address bar, menu, or a hotkey which can be used with Nimbus.
- You will also be able to easily create a freehand drawing on your captured screenshot.
- It permits you to record videos with this.
- It gives you the option to save your image file with different formats.
Amongst all the top snipping tools that are accessible for Mac at the present, This software allows you to capture the screen and also to share the screen with others. It is one of the best unique snipping tools which is available for Mac, as it has its cloud sharing website. The user can just upload the captured screenshots and share them via a URL, which can later be shared with others.
- It lets you capture and share your screenshots with ScreenCloud.
- It doesn’t use space on your hard drive as it is used as a browser extension, with no installation.
- can upload the images on the ScreenCloud’s website so you can share them faster.
- You can also share the captured screenshots on popular image sharing websites.
- You can directly save the captured screenshots on your desktop.
8. Apowersoft Mac Screenshot
Apowersoft Mac Screenshot is one of the best snipping tool available for the Mac. It is built with the best interface and editing tools for the captured screenshots.
The following are some of the features this snipping tool offers
- It allows the users to capture the full desktop or a selected area.
- Also, to save the image in any format of their choice like PNG, JPG.
- This also has plenty of editing options and is simple to use.
- This allows the users to zoom in on-screen before capturing it, so as to get a clearer text.
Jshot is also a wonderful snipping tool for Mac. Jshotdoesn’t have any premium features but it is the best app to take screenshots any part.
Some of the best features this tool can offer are
- Captures the screenshots and processes them quicker.
- It also has many of annotation features to help with editing the screenshots.
- It can share captured screenshots directly.
Greenshot is a very exceptional snipping tool that has built-in OCR capabilities. It has the best interface and editing tools within it.
- You can create the screenshots of a selected area, window, or the entire desktop screen.
- It also helps you to capture screenshots of webpages directly from the browser without any addons.
- It is also a free snipping tool.
With these apps, I hope taking screenshots in Mac has become easier without having to remember the unnecessary commands.
Leave a Reply