Solutions for fixing the Razer Synapse Not Opening Issue
There’s no doubt about Razer Synapse being a trusted software, but due to various underlying causes, the users may face the razer synapse not opening issue. To put an end to this issue, execute the solutions given below:
Solution 1: Rebooting your PC
This is the most simple solution you can follow to fix most of the errors of your computer system. Reboot your PC to fix the razer synapse not opening issue. Even if the issue still exists, you can try out the other solutions.
Solution 2: Disabling Windows Firewall
Being an in-built tool of the Windows 10 operating system, Windows Firewall filters the outgoing and incoming packets of the programs that are accessed by your PC. In case of any conflicts between Windows Firewall and the Razer Synapse software, Windows Firewall won’t allow Synapse to run smoothly. Hence, disabling Windows Firewall will solve the Razer Synapse not opening an issue if the firewall is the root cause of the issue. The following are the steps to execute Solution 2:
- Click on the ‘Start’ button, type ‘Windows Control Panel’ in the search bar, and press the ‘Enter’ key.
- You will come across various sections on the Control Panel page. Out of these sections, select ‘System & Security’.
- When the ‘System & Security’ page opens, it will ask if you want to make any changes in the programs of Windows. But you must select the ‘Windows Firewall’.
- The ‘Turn Windows Firewall On or Off’ will appear on the left panel of the Windows Defender Firewall. Click on this option. The ‘Customize Settings’ option will appear. Click on the ‘Turn off Windows Firewall’ radio button and then click on ‘OK’.
If you are bored with playing games you can do Random video call and have some fun.
Solution 3: Reinstalling Razer Device Driver and Razer Synapse software
If Razer Synapse doesn’t open on your computer, there might be some issue with the Razer Synapse driver. Thus, you should try reinstalling both Razer device driver and Razer Synapse software. All the latest drivers of the Razer device must be installed as well for mouse, keyboard as well as Windows OS. The following are the steps to execute this solution:
- Launch the ‘Run’ box by pressing both the Start logo and R keys at the same moment.
- Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the box and then, press the ‘Enter’ key. You will see a Device Manager window opening up.
- Select the ‘Razer driver’ and make it available for Mouse, Keyboard or anything other Human Interference devices and pointing devices.
- After you get the driver, click on it. Choose the ‘Uninstall’ option from the drop-down menu. The installation process will require some time for completion
- The peripherals of Razer Synapse must be removed after the installation process completes. Keep the Razer Synapse idle for 2 minutes.
- Further, connect the device again to your PC. Permit the Windows OS to install the new drivers for Razer Synapse.
Solution 4: Disabling Razer Surround
The Razer Surround module might be the reason behind the failure to open Razer Synapse. This issue could be fixed by disabling the module. If you have reinstalled Razer Synapse as mentioned in solution 2, you can cancel the installation of the Razer Surround module even after logging in to your Razer account. While connecting Razer Synapse to the Internet, you will come across the feature update pop-up. This pop-up must be canceled. After you are done with the setup, the Razer Surround notification will pop up on your screen. Click on this notification and select the option for disabling Razer Surround. Further, update Razer Synapse and restart Windows. If these steps are skipped, you can uninstall Razer Surround. To execute Solution 4, follow the steps given below:
- Press the ‘Windows’ and ‘R’ keys simultaneously for launching the ‘Run’ application.
- Type ‘appwiz.cpl’ in the dialogue box and then, press the ‘Enter’ key. A pop-up window will appear on your screen. It will show you all the programs which are installed on your PC.
(The following steps must be executed for both Razer Core and Razer Synapse)
- Click on the application (Razer Core/Razer Synapse) and choose the ‘Uninstall’ option.
- Launch the file explorer after you press the ‘Windows’ and ‘E’ keys simultaneously. Go to the ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer’ location.
- Click on the ‘View’ tab present at the screen’s top and check ‘Hidden items’.
- All the files in this folder location must be deleted. For seeking your confirmation for the same, a UAC will pop up on the screen. Select ‘Yes’.
- Launch the file explorer once again by pressing the ‘Windows’ and ‘E’ keys simultaneously. Go to the ‘C:\ProgramData\Razer’ directories and delete all the files.
- Restart your PC
- Go to the official website of Razer Synapse and download its software. Save it in an accessible location.
- Log into your Razer Synapse account after installing the software and connect Synapse to the internet.
- Cancel the feature update pop-up which would appear on the screen.
- After the installation completes, you 2 notifications (Razer Synapse and Razer Surround updates) will appear on your screen’s top-left side.
- Select ‘Razer Surround’ on the notification and quickly cancel it. Don’t install, update or upgrade Razer Surround.
- After canceling Razer Surround, you can update Razer Synapse by clicking on the ‘Synapse Update’ notification.
- Restart your PC and check if Razer Synapse opens successfully or not.
These are the comprehensive solutions that will help you to fix the razer synapse not opening issue. Execute all the solutions one by one until the razer synapse software opens successfully.
About Razer Synapse
Razer Inc. has created a sort of gaming eco-system by developing the Razer Synapse software for the Razer devices. Razor is a well-known company that manufactures gaming hardware. It was established in 2005 by Robert Krakoff and Min-Liang Tan. The Razer Synapse software of Razer Inc. allows gamers to assign macros or rebind control to any of the peripherals of Razer. This software stores all your settings and configurations in its cloud-based storage. This storage feature gives you the capability to switch over between various configurations. The Razer Synapse software has several features including heat maps, stats, hardware configurators, etc. Such features have made Razer Synapse unique amongst its other competitors.