Everyone dreams of turning entrepreneur and starting their own business. Many of us want an option that will allow us to work on our normal job and set up a new and profitable side income.
With digital platforms, technology, and software tools in great demand, most of us know that this is a great option.
However, we also know that starting anything means capital costs, technical expertise, and office space. What if we could start a business where all these impediments did not exist?
Enter- Reseller Hosting Business!
For the last few years, the growing demand for websites means that hosting has become something popular and in great demand. If you are someone that wants to know How to Start web hosting business, this article is for you.
While there are plenty of articles and resources out there that outline how you should start one, there is a dearth of literature on some mistakes you need to avoid when starting your reseller hosting business. That is our intention through this article.
- 1 List of 5 Mistakes to Avoid when Starting a Web Hosting Business
- 1.1 Mistake 1: Not having a Detailed Business Plan or Model-
- 1.2 Mistake 2: Not evaluating the credibility, pricing, and support of the Web Hosting Provider-
- 1.3 Mistake 3: Not taking your Marketing Activities seriously-
- 1.4 Mistake 4: Not forming partnerships with stakeholders in your business niche-
- 1.5 Mistake 5: Build knowledge and expertise about the business on the way-
- 1.6 The Final Word
List of 5 Mistakes to Avoid when Starting a Web Hosting Business
Mistake 1: Not having a Detailed Business Plan or Model-
No matter whether you plan to open a bakery or start a web hosting business, you need to have a business plan. The following should be some major components of your business plan-
- The identification of your target audience and customers
- Marketing strategies that you need to set up and execute
- Detailed analysis of the costs you would be incurring
- The potential problems and your troubleshooting strategies
- Analysis of Vendors, Stakeholders, and entities
Once you have created your business model by taking into consideration the above factors, you will have a far better idea and direction of the way forward.
Mistake 2: Not evaluating the credibility, pricing, and support of the Web Hosting Provider-
The success of any reseller hosting business is directly proportional to the kind of entity you work with. In this case, you need to tie up with the best web hosting provider for all your needs. This means checking out three main areas-
- Looking at the market reputation and credibility of the web hosting provider
- Analyzing the pricing structure for unlimited reseller plans and comparing them
- The kind of support and customer help they offer (24×7, emails, chat, etc.)
As someone looking to get into this field, you need to do thorough analysis and research. Do not go for the first option that crops up on Google search. Dig deeper and get more information about the company.
Mistake 3: Not taking your Marketing Activities seriously-
If there is one area of the business you need to take seriously, it is Marketing. You need to make sure you are active on social media platforms. Spreading the word about your brand and business can help you become visible to your target audiences.
- Post regularly on social media after creating a proper content strategy
- Create informative blog articles on your website to target Inbound Marketing
- Engage in physical door-to-door promotions for small businesses
- Set up your GMB page and try to invest in SEO
- Invest in Email Marketing Campaigns and Newsletters
All the above will ensure that you are publicizing your reseller hosting business in front of your target audiences.
Mistake 4: Not forming partnerships with stakeholders in your business niche-
Ask yourself the question- who needs web hosting solutions in bulk? The answer is- website design and development companies, freelancers, and digital marketing agencies.
This means that forming relationships with these B2B entities can help improve your chances of selling reseller plans. Always try to explore constructive and mutually beneficial partnerships.
This will ensure that you are branching out and targeting both B2B and B2C customers. Not only will it aid in increasing revenue channels, but it will also boost visibility and awareness.
Mistake 5: Build knowledge and expertise about the business on the way-
While almost everyone says that you do not need any prior technical expertise, they are wrong. You need to understand how web hosting works.
You also need to have an idea and understanding of giving access, fixing bandwidths, and addressing basic problems. You can always go for white label deals where the provider takes care of the support, but it can take time.
This is why you need to gather knowledge and information on addressing simple and common web hosting problems. This can influence your customer relationship positively.
The Final Word
Starting any business, no matter how easy it sounds does not guarantee automatic success. You need to work hard towards some areas to help you stand apart from your competitors. If you can avoid the mistakes you can ensure that your attempt at starting a web hosting business will be a success. If you have any other questions, please let us know in the comments below.