- 1 Files Get Lost after Upgrading to Windows 11!
- 2 How to Recover Lost Files after Upgrading to Windows 11?
Files Get Lost after Upgrading to Windows 11!
Windows 11, the new version of Windows, has been released on October 5, 2021. Many users should have upgraded their computers to Windows 11. This is a new Windows version. There should be some issues and bugs. For example, some users may find that their files get lost after upgrading to Windows 11.
If this issue also happens to you, do you know how to recover files after Windows 11 upgrade? If you have no idea, this post will be helpful. Here, you can find some easy and effective data recovery methods.
How to Recover Lost Files after Upgrading to Windows 11?
Method 1: Make sure You Have Signed in with Your Profile
Perhaps, you have signed in with a temporary profile by mistake. If so, you will not find any of your files. To correct the mistake, you can restart your computer and then sign in with your right profile. After that, you can check again to see if you can find your needed files.
Method 2: Try to Find Your Files Using Windows Search
In some cases, you misremember the location of the file you want to find. If you know the name of the file, you can click the search icon in the taskbar and search for that file. If the file appears in the search result, you can click it to directly open it.
However, if you can’t find your needed files using this method, the files should get lost after upgrading to Windows 11. You can use a professional data recovery software to get them back.
Method 3: Use MiniTool Power Data Recovery
MiniTool Power Data Recovery is a free file recovery tool. It is specially designed to recover data from different types of data storage devices like internal/external hard drives, memory cards, SD cards, pen drives, and more.
Data recovery software works to rescue files only when the files are not overwritten by new data. To guarantee the data recovery effect, you’d better stop using your PC immediately after you find your files are lost.
This software has a trial edition. You can first try it to see if it can find the files you want to recover. You can download it from the MiniTool download center.
The following guide is how this data recovery software works to find the lost files on your Windows 11 computer:
1. Open the software to enter its main interface.
2. This software shows you the drives on your computer. You need to find the drive you want to recover files from and hover it over. Then, you can click the Scan button to start scanning that drive.
3. After scanning, you can see the scan results that are listed by path. You can open each path to find your lost files. You can also use the Find feature to locate your needed files by name. Additionally, this software supports previewing up to 70 types of files. If you are not sure if it is the file you want to recover, you can preview it to make a confirmation.
If you want to use this software to recover your needed files, you need to use a full edition. Besides, you should not save files to the original location. Otherwise, the deleted and lost files may be overwritten and become unrecoverable.
Method 4: Restore from Your Previous Backup
If you have backed up your files before upgrading to Windows 11, you can directly restore your files from your backup.
These are the methods to recover your lost files after upgrading to Windows 11. You can select a suitable method according to your situation.