The main feature of Instagram is visual content. Every day, millions of users open the feed to view beautiful photos and satisfying videos. Also, many publish copyrighted content for fun or to promote their business. But quality content alone is not enough to promote your business on this social network. Hashtags play an important role and can increase the number of views on your posts even without ads. Let’s take a look at how hashtags work and how to use them correctly.
A hashtag is a keyword by which users can find information of interest to them on social networks. Even if they are not included in the ranks of your subscribers, using the search on popular hashtags on Instagram, they have the opportunity to see your post and, if they wish, like it. Hashtags have been in use for over 10 years. They were invented by Chris Messina back in 2007. He wrote his first Twitter post using the hash sign. Since then, the hashtag has taken a firm foothold on Twitter, aligning with the @ sign. Now everyone can get popular hashtags within a few seconds with the Inflact IG hashtag generator.
On Instagram, the hashtag automatically becomes an active link that a user can follow. They are just as important as keywords on websites: if used correctly in a post, hashtags can significantly increase the post’s reach without resorting to social media advertising.
There are several simple rules, following which you can effectively use hashtags to promote your Instagram account:
- Avoid using too many hashtags. It is recommended to use 2-3 hashtags on other social networks, but Instagram is not limited to this. The maximum number of hashtags that can be placed in one post is 30. The most optimal number is 15-20. And do not forget that hashtags should relate to the topic of your post: do not use the word #love there if you are talking about website promotion.
- Add geographic hashtags. You can enable geolocation in a post, but a local hashtag (e.g. #london) is much better. If you have a regional company, a local store, or are organizing a festival or offline conference, this will help attract people nearby.
- Come up with your own branded hashtag. By creating your own hashtag, you can not only create a search for all your posts but also grab the attention of users. Of course, well-known companies like Adidas or Nike can just write their brand name. Everyone already knows what kind of company is behind this hashtag. If you are not yet so popular, find a combination of some words that characterize your organization, and at the same time have not been encountered before in other people’s posts. With a good combination, you can tell a lot of people about yourself who will start using your hashtag.
- Be as diverse as possible. If you think it’s enough to make a list of hashtags once and for all that you will apply to all your posts, you are wrong. Come up with new hashtags for each post, but be sure to use one or more branded ones: they should be in every post.
- Follow the trends. One of the main rules of social media promotion is to be constantly on the wave. This has not spared Instagram either. Every day there are new hashtags that can be used to promote your company by participating in challenges, for example. There are special services that help you track the most popular hashtags.
- Avoid forbidden words. Yes, it’s not that simple. There is a whole list of banned hashtags. Mostly they relate to unauthorized areas of activity, but sometimes quite strange ones come across: recently they banned the hashtags #instagirl, #woman, and some similar ones. Also note that Instagram has recently been blocking accounts that use unknown hashtags, in particular company names. Therefore, if your organization does not have a well-known name, do not risk your account.
How to use IG hashtag generator
To collect a list of relevant and relevant hashtags, go to the site and enter keywords that describe the topic of your post, type of business, and description of the product or service you are selling. If you don’t know what to choose, just upload the picture that you plan to publish. The Inflact algorithm will pick the hashtags you need for you.
Yes, the selection of hashtags for each post takes time. Especially if you publish multiple posts every day. But remember that you collect hashtags in only 15 seconds, and then they will work for you for years
Leave a Reply