Instagram is a growing social network and shows in two years the user base has doubled. The magic is on the rise with visual storytelling. Today, internet users are highly active and 80% follow brands on Instagram. The B2Bs and B2Cs enjoy higher engagement rates in comparison to other social media platforms.
The brands opt for an Instagram platform for their business profiles that it is enjoying over 8 million business with active advertisers reaching at the right time the right audience with compelling visuals and content. Users can also access instagram from their computer desktop as well, but they might need to use another application to post and share content with their audiences. The business profile growth allows to track engagement, reach, impression, likes, saves, and comments.
However, if you wish to grow your brand more on Instagram, here are the 3 simple steps:
1) Have A Theme for Instagram Profile
Instagram is all about visuals. It features imagery, fonts, and color palettes to make Instagram effective. This helps to meet the user expectation using the visual experience. Having a theme works as a guide to understand your visitor’s choice of brands. You can thereby create consistency allowing you to communicate the business purpose.
Including a theme amplifies the visual presence in a brand. It also gives visitors a path to transform followers and potential customers.
Here are a few ideas to get started:
- Maintain a color palette to enhance the visual presence of your brand so that it complements patterns and fonts. You can experiment with colors and patterns, define a new one as a new style of your brand.
- Use filters in the photos such that it assures success. Choose colors to relate to emotion. In this way, you can elevate the rate of success in every imagery using the right colors. You can influence users and consistently communicate the message of the brand.
- Create a saliency, experiment with a grid or border, thereby drive attention so that it is beneficial for the brand. You can also try checkerboard style keeping with a solid color or black and white, that presents a strong visual hierarchy, grabbing attention.
2) Reach beyond photos
Generating high engagement with photos on Instagram is the way brands develop. Yet, there are interesting routes that the brands can take to reach beyond photos. By deep diving into social boost, We found it can help you increase your reach.
- Videos: Instagram allowed posting videos for 15 seconds only. In 2016, they permitted a minute length posting. This paved the way for the brands to get the audience’s attention.
- Stories: Instagram stories are available only for 24 hours. It brings a combination of videos, photos, rewind, and boomerangs. Stories have the option of adding a link.
- Boomerangs: The videos on loop. When engaging and fun, it means it is an attention grabber. It is Boomerang, not some gif. Boomerangs provide motion on Instagram.
3) Engage with your audience
Developing a master plan in association with brand strategy is helpful in Instagram. Of course, it should include relevant content to see likes, followers, comments or views. Posting content is crucial and it should be relevant to build an Instagram presence. The influencers and the brands keep growing by engaging with the target audience. Now, One thing you can do is read this guide by Jonathon Spire to learn about Instagram growth.
An important metric is an engagement to measure the success of Instagram. There may be 1000 impressions and has ten likes only posing two questions importantly:
- Are you having the right audience type?
- Is the content of your brand relevant?
Even if the content is relevant, meeting your audience’s needs, it is not easy to build or develop the right audience. The top influencers on Instagram are always doing this, and it shows through all of their numbers and how well they are doing.
Here are a few ways to achieve growth on Instagram for your brand.
- Use hashtags: Hashtags are back and it is the best in precisely placing your brand. The hashtags invite more comments, more profile visitors, and a greater number of likes. All these hashtags are relevant and targeted. Incorporating ideal hashtags meeting the niche offers an update to increase the visibility of the brand.
- Engage with relevant hashtag: There are endless photos uploaded and so ensure to engage with relevant hashtags. Look for contextual and highly relevant photos. You also comment with specialty and not merely ‘nice, beautiful, great choice,” etc.
- Choose a location and then engage: If your brand is for a specific location, you can try to secure quality engagement. Choose the location option and look for people having similar business interests. This will give your brand the expected value as you will be engaging and will result in receiving a compliment.
- Interact with follower base: There is a need for interaction and with the engaged audience you can be happy only when they follow you. Post stories that are to the fan choice and look for testimonials. Do not miss any opportunity to interact, so reply to their comments and this will offer an edge. Your time investment to engage impressive results will be honored to get your target audience. Use influencer marketing for brands so that the influencer engagements work.
To learn more about each of the popular Instagram content creation and marketing strategies listed above, make sure you skim through the list again and see which you might already be doing and which you are missing out on.
It’s also a good idea to keep an eye on your competition and make sure they are using these methods as well. Once you find that they are, it’s then your job to make sure you are doing it better and creating more value in the process.