Every new version of iOS comes with its own restrictions which is why a lot of people these days are downgrading their devices back to the previous iOS versions. The latest iOS versions do bring with them a number of advantages like improved performance and a much powerful Siri, even. However, these advantages might not be adored by all. This is when downgrading comes in. If you’re here to know how you can downgrade iOS to an older version, this article is for you. In this article, we have brought together some of the best and most often used solutions combined with first- hand information on how you can successfully downgrade your device iOS.
Downgrading via iTunes
• You should download the correct IPSW file for your iPad or iPhone
• Make sure you have installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
• Connect your device to the computer and click on the device when it appears.
• Under the summary section, click Check for Updates button and hold shift(Windows) or option(Mac) at the same time.
• Now, navigate and choose the appropriate IPSW file that you had downloaded.
• Your device will be updated accordingly.
This process will downgrade your iPhone or iPad without deleting most of your data. You are likely to lose some text messages, although all other settings and apps will remain after the downgrade.
Downgrading without iTunes( via iMyFone iOS System Recovery)
• iMyFone iOS System Recovery is a reliable and easy to use tool to help you downgrade without iTunes. Plus you don’t lose any data. iMyFone iOS System Recovery program is compatible with Windows, Mac and all other iOS devices.
• Firstly, backup your data using the iCloud backup.
Check if you have enough space in iCloud before you back up your data. During sign in, you will get 5GB space always but in case you’re running out of storage, you can buy more anytime.
• Download and install the latest version of iMyFone iOS System Recovery from your browser. Once you install it, the process will begin. You will need to connect your device to your PC through a cable.
• Once your device is connected to the PC, you have to select the Standard mode option from all other given options.
• Click on the start button. Now put your device in recovery mode. You can also follow the instructions displayed on your screen.
• Once your device is on recovery mode, the program will detect your device automatically and give you the suitable firmware version. You will now be able to see your device’s model details and the compatible firmware details on your screen. You can then select a version of firmware of your choice if you wish to downgrade.
• Click on the download button.
• Once downloaded, click the Start to fix button. The program will start to verify, then install the appropriate iOS firmware into your device.
This firmware is very helpful and reliable in downgrading your device without iTunes.
Downgrading using TinyUmbrella
The latest version of this tool saves the SHSH blobs for the most recent firmware. Saving the SHSH blobs will guarantee that you can downgrade to that version even if you’ve updated your device. In this way, you are tricking Apple into thinking that the version you want to downgrade to is very much valid.
• Make sure you have backed up your data before you start with this process. You can either back up your data on iCloud or iTunes. You can also manually backup your data on your PC.
• Download and Install TinyUmbrella on your PC. Launch the program.
• Via a USB Cable, connect your device to the computer. Tiny Umbrella will automatically detect your device.
• Click on the Save SHSH button.
• Now click the start TSS Server button.
• You will receive an Error 1015 prompt once the server has completed its function.
• Click on your device name on the left panel and right click on it. Now you should click on Exit Recovery.
• Head to the Advanced tab and uncheck the Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit for a clean restore.
Always remember to backup your device before you start downgrading with TinyUmbrella.
We often rush to upgrade our device once a new iOS version is out, however, it’s not very late before we realize that there are a number of bugs that need to be fixed. Downgrading sounds like a complicated process and we have tried our best to make your downgrading experience the best one. If you like this article, do share it to help us reach out to more people.
In case of any doubts, hit us up in the comments section down below. Our team will help you clear all your doubts at the earliest.