Have seen this Rundll32.exe in your task manager? And do not know much about it, then here in this article we will guide you about what are the Rundll32.exe and how are they used.
If you have frequently used windows then, you might have come across n number of dll files ( dynamic link library files) in almost every application folder. Unfortunately, we cannot directly launch or get started with a dll file and for that they require rundll32.exe which helps in the functioning of this.
This executable format is a very secure and safe part of the windows and has no link ups with any sort of malware usually.
Also, learn about runtime broker.
Although they are safe if they in the folder 32 of the system, one must always scan these software’s before using them as there are chances that the malwares disguise them into the similar format to trap the users and one must take no chances and fall prey to them.
Also, learn about Mdns Responder.exe.
Learn about Tips to fix WSAPPX High CPU usage.
One can use process explorer utility from Microsoft instead of using a task manager as it functions in all the versions of windows, 7, 8, 10 as well as vista etc and is the optimal solution for troubleshooting any job.
Once you open this process explorer you may see the rundll32.exe in the list of the entire list. You can right click and then see all the properties the rundll32.exe holds.
Learn about How to Fix the Svchost.exe High CPU Usage.
You can even notice the image tab to see a pathname that has been just launched. One will even be able to see the parent process which is nothing but the explorer.exe that indicates a shortcut startup item.
Also, learn about Adobe updater.exe.
Steps one should follow if they want to disable the rundll32.exe
- Go to the search option of the start menu and type msconfig.exe and then you will be enabled to find the command column or the command line as the same way we seen in the process explorer and then click on the option, where the box is checked and undo it, so that it does not get started on its own.
- There are times where the process does not hold a startup option and in this case you have to spend some time in researching from where the process actually began.
One can disable this in the windows 8 and 10, by just clicking on the startup section of the task manager.
Learn about How to fix MsMpEng.Exe, high CPU usage problem.
And in the windows 7 and the vista task manager, the best part is one can see the command line of the application which is currently running.
Also, learn about conhost.exe.
- Here you can see two rundlle32.exe in the list, just click on one of those.
- Now you will be able to see the command line for it.
- This will enable you to see a full fleshed path which is valid for the rundll32.exe in the system 32 directory.
- One can even browse down to locate the file and see the details or else just simple see the details of the file by putting a cursor on it.
This will tell you in detail about what the file is and will help you to make a decision if the file is helpful for you or not, although the rundll32.exe is a very secure and a valid way of the windows which is flexible, but as suggested one must always scan the files before going for it, and especially if they are not in the systems32 folder of the directory.