Safari is Apple’s web browser, which keeps getting quicker and safer. It has a smart search bar, tabs, and a unique Split View version specifically for iPad users. With this browser, You will be able to view Shared Links and attach articles to your Reading List or get to your gathered passwords and credit cards through iCloud. Furthermore, you can also pay money for products and services by using Apple Pay, which is the company’s guarded contactless payment system. In this article, we will guide you how to download Safari for Windows.
What is Safari for Windows?
- What is Safari for Windows?
- How to download Safari for Windows?
- Why should you download Safari for Windows?
- 1. HTML5 Support for developing
- 2. Web Inspector
- 3. Safari Reader
- 4. On-Device Learning
- 5. Flight Tracking
- 6. Word Definitions
- 7. Stop Cross-Site Tracking
- 8. Calculations & Conversions
- 9. Request Mobile Website Option
- 10. Custom settings Per Website
- 11. Choose Photo Sizes for Uploads
- 12. Save All Open Tabs as Bookmarks
- 13. Set a Time for Tabs to Auto-Close
- Why run old Safari versions today?
Safari is the graphical network browser that was formed by Apple, supported on the WebKit engine. Initially, it was released on the desktop in 2003 with Mac OS X Panther. Safari was also released in a mobile version that has been filled with iOS devices since the iPhone’s launch in the year 2007 to 2012 and discontinued after that.
Safari is also a default web browser on Apple devices including iPhone,iPad.
For the Windows version leading to Safari for Windows, it was released in the year 2007.
How to download Safari for Windows?
Apple has discontinued providing updates for Safari for Windows. Also, there are no glitch fixes or bits accessible for the users of Windows PC. If you’re a designer or a UI tester, you first have to verify browser adaptability for your project. This can be where downloading and working with Safari on a Windows PC becomes inevitable. Here we’ll discuss the way to download Safari on Windows.
- Download the executable file of Safari for Windows with the following link, copy and paste in the browser http://appldnld.apple.com/Safari5/041-5487.20120509.INU8B/SafariSetup.exe
- By following this, the downloading will automatically start.
- After downloading Safari for Windows 10 by using a compressed file, extricate the contents of the installation file into a target folder.
- Then Double-click on Safari.exe to begin Safari Browser on your Windows 10.
- Press on Next and then click on Finish to end the installation.
- Start the browser.
Also, Recognize the version that you have installed on your computer is an earlier version. Apple doesn’t support the Windows version of Safari. It is not in development. If you want to run Safari on Windows that’s entirely up to you.
Also, read our article on the Best snipping tool for Mac OS.
Why should you download Safari for Windows?
Safari is the best browser when it comes to the features, Apple continues to develop them so as to maintain its name of “The Best Browser Ever”.
Some of such features include:
- HTML5 Support for developing
- Web Inspector
- New Safari Reader
- On-Device Learning
- Flight Tracking
- Word Definitions
- Stop Cross-Site Tracking
- Calculations & Conversions
- Settings Can Be Customized Per Website
- Change a Site’s Page Size on the Spot
- Request Mobile Website Option
- Choose Photo Sizes for Uploads
- Save All Open Tabs as Bookmarks
1. HTML5 Support for developing
- The Safari browser is one of the best for HTML. Some of the latest HTML5 highlights included in Safari 5 include:
- assistance for fullscreen video with fastened captioning
- Support for geolocation
- Includes AJAX History, drag and drop
- It has nearly all of the HTML5 input types
- Now, provides official support for the new HTML5 elements such as <article>, <header> and <footer>.
2. Web Inspector
A great web inspector is very important to web developers. The following are some of the best features offered by Safari browser
- CSS Inspector
- DOM Inspector
- Resource Panel
- Timeline Panel
- Audits Panel
3. Safari Reader
Safari Reader is basically a means to get all of the disturbances out of your way when you just want to read the article. Same as the Readability bookmarklet, Safari Reader instantly identifies pages with an article in them and offers a button in the toolbar that will obtain the manuscript and pictures just from the article part of the page and presents them in a pleasantly readable font.
4. On-Device Learning
The browser offers a Siri feature which helps When you’re studying a subject in Safari, the information is received, encrypted, and saved locally. While this data is never straightly shared with Apple, Siri will manage the data to assist you while you’re using other Apple apps.
5. Flight Tracking
Safari has created it very simpler to trace any flight in its browser. All you have to do is, Just type the airline title and flight number into Safari’s address bar, then the first suggestion will take you straight to a map where you can observe the flight’s progress.
6. Word Definitions
Safari’s address bar also works double function as a dictionary. All you have to type is “define <word>” into the address bar at the top of your screen, and don’t need to press go, the definition will automatically appear as the top suggestion. For some words, you don’t have to type define too.
7. Stop Cross-Site Tracking
Apple also created the latest highlight that applies machine knowledge to intelligently stop sites from tracking you utilizing data collected from various sites. This is normal practice with internet ads, and it stops you from seeing different ads when you search for a product on the web.
8. Calculations & Conversions
Apple added another feature as the ability to change units of measurement and complete basic math straight from Safari’s address bar.
9. Request Mobile Website Option
Before, when you choose “Request Desktop Site,” and after that, you wanna go back to mobile view it will still stay “Request Desktop Site”, but now in this browser, it’ll offer you another option stating “Request Mobile Site.”
10. Custom settings Per Website
This Safari browser also offers you to change the website according to your preference with a website settings option
You can choose to load a website in Reader View always, set the default zoom level, enable or disable Content Blockers, and set permissions for Camera, Location, and Mic to perform all the functions like ask, deny in macOS’s Safari.
11. Choose Photo Sizes for Uploads
If you would like to upload a photo to a web site in Safari, iOS 13 gives a choice to choose its upload size. Choices range from small, medium, large, or actual size, with the file size clearly stated next to every option.
12. Save All Open Tabs as Bookmarks
The new Safari adds a feature to save all of your open tabs as bookmarks, for better reference. It’s a feature Safari on macOS has. If you’re using an iPhone, simply long-press the bookmarks icon, so you can save them to a custom folder in your preferred location.
13. Set a Time for Tabs to Auto-Close
When you’re opening the tabs viewer in Safari, it should present you with options for “Automatically Close Tabs” after a specified amount of your time. But If you still prefer the manual way, go into settings in the Safari and can see the “Closed Tabs” section to change it to auto-close tabs after every day, week, or month.
Why run old Safari versions today?
You might be wondering, why even try to download and install Safari for Windows when this version hasn’t even been supported and developed in years? Well, the answer to you is you do not need it.
But, for other advanced users, like developers, designers, compatibility testers, support techs, and other similar situations, it is often necessary to possess older browsers available for testing purposes or for supporting a selected client. That’s a touch like how some Mac users run old IE versions together with new releases of IE like Internet Explorer 11 or Microsoft come on Mac OS too for the identical testing purposes it’s not relevant for many people, but some need it for various reasons.