Apple TV is a great device for media consumptions. It supports HDMI, and we can use it by connection it to our High Definition TV. You can easily control it via remote provided in the package. The remote uses Infrared technology you can also use Apple TV remote app, Remote app works using Bluetooth.Apple TV uses WiFi to stream various media content from AirPlay or iTunes store of Apple. Other than iTunes, it can stream content from different sources like Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube. It can also live stream many events using Tune-in. There are four generations of Apple TV. The best and latest is 4th Generation. Kodi Apple Tv is great for media center. So, You should try installing Kodi on Apple TV.
What is Kodi?
Kodi is a very popular Home Theatre media player. You can download it and install it on almost any device. You can install kodi on Amazon Firestick, but unfortunately, Kodi can not be installed on Roku. You can directly install it on Rasberry Pi, Windows PC, Macbooks and Android devices. On Some smart TV, you can directly install Kodi on smart TV.
The most important and useful feature of Kodi is the third party add-ons. As Kodi is an open source media player anyone can make an add-on for Kodi. Using add-ons Like Genesis you can stream Movies and TV series in full HD quality and using any IPTV clients you can stream Live TV on Kodi.
Kodi in simple words allows you to play media files from the Internet and Local Network. You can directly store content on Kodi device and enjoy them. The best part of Kodi is customization. You can change the skin of Kodi and customize it according to your TV, If you have proper devices then you can stream all the content from your Cable TV provider. You can stream content from YouTube, Pandora, Spotify,
Also Read: How to stream Kodi on Chromecast.
You can also stream pirated contents using Kodi, and it is the main reason why you want to install kodi on Apple TV.
Download Kodi for Apple TV 4 (Kodi Apple TV).
You can not directly install Kodi on Apple TV 4 using the app store of Apple TV, but you can install it using a Mac device. Here are the things which you need to download for installing Kodi on Apple TV 4 (Fourth Generation of Apple TV).
- Apple Developer account (Sign Up)
- Xcode 7.2 or higher (Download)
- The Latest Kodi .deb file (Download)
- iOS App signer utility for Mac device (Download)
- A USB-C to USB-A cable (To connect your Mac and Apple TV)
Steps to Install Kodi on Apple TV 4.
- Connect your Apple Tv 4 with Mac using the USB-C to USB-A cable.
- After connecting the Apple TV4 launch XCode on your Mac and click on “Create a new Xcode project” and then select “Application” under thetvOS section. After this click on “Single View Application” and click “Next.”
- Now you need to input the details of “New Project.” Fill the Project name and Organisation name. After filling all the details click on Next button.
- Now You should see an error stating “matching provisioning profile.” Don’t panic seeing this error just click on “Fix issue” and allow it to resolve the error. Now it will create a provisioning profile based on your Personal developer account.
- Your active Apple developer account is needed to resolve the issue. Now sign in with your Apple developer account. Click on Add option and then out your login credentials,
- After issues is solved you need to choose your Apple TV 4 from the drop down menu.
- Now open iOS App Singer and select the “Signing Certificate” from the dropdown. Do the same with “Provisioning Profile” by choosing the name of the project we created in Xcode. Now choose the “Input File” and put the .deb file we downloaded earlier.
- After filling all the details click on “Start.” It will give you an IPA file.
- In Xcode, go to Windows > Devices and here select the Apple TV 4 device and on the left side click on “+” button under the “Installed apps” section.
- Now locate the IPA file which iOS Singing app created. After this, Kodi Apple TV 4 should be ready to use on your device.
That’s it now you can easily use Kodi Apple TV 4.
How to Install Kodi on Apple TV 2.
If you own Apple TV 2, then there is great news for you. It is very simple to install Kodi Apple TV 2, You do not need to follow the big steps like Apple TV 4. But a bad part of Apple TV 2 is that Kodi no longer supports Apple TV 2. So, you need to use the old version of Kodi, and you will not be able to use some new features released in the newer version of Kodi. You can use old Kodi version that 14.2 “Helix.” Helix Kodi can still run all major addons and media file, and it won’t is disappointing. You just need a Mac Device and your Apple TV 2 to install Kodi on it.
Steps To Install Kodi On Apple TV 2.
- Now your Mac device, Open the terminal and put the Bellow command.
Make sure to replace 192.168.1.1 with the Mac ID of your Apple TV 2. If the command works properly, then it will ask to put the password. The Default password is “alpine“. If you have changed the password, then input the password you changed.
- Now Enter these commands one after another.
apt-get install wget
wget -0- http://apt.awkwardtv.org/awkwardtv.pub | apt-key add –
echo “deb http://apt.awkwardtv.org/ stable main” > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/awkwardtv.list
echo “deb http://mirrors.kodi.tv/apt/atv2 ./” > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/xbmc.list
apt-get install org.xbmc.kodi-atv2
- Now Your Apple TV 2 will retart and after Restart you will be able to use Kodi Apple TV 2. The version of Kodi is old so you may face some bugs and errors.