On your Windows computer, iTunes provides you a place to purchase movies and TV shows, listen to all of your favorite songs in Apple Music, and also you can sync all of your content present in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using your computer. We will discuss how to get iTunes for Windows 10.
What is iTunes for Windows 10?
iTunes is a media administration software that was created by Apple company, for both the Mac and Windows operating systems. You will be able to use it for managing the media on iPhone or iPad and play both all the media on your computer.
iTunes is used as
- Media player
- Media library
- Internet radio broadcaster
- The mobile device management utility
- Client app for the iTunes Store
This is developed by Apple company and It is used to buy, perform, download, and arrange digital multimedia, on the computers that are operating with the Mac OS and Windows operating systems, and can be used to rip songs from CDs, also play content with the effectiveness of dynamic, clever playlists, to wirelessly share the iTunes library.
This can nevertheless be utilized to get the back up the contents of mobile devices, and also to share files with personal computers. Apple published the Microsoft Store version of the iTunes on April 26, 2018.
Also, read our guide on factory reset iPad without passcode.
Features of iTunes for Windows 10
iTunes has everything you want to enjoy, that too whenever you would like to, wherever you happen to be.
With iTunes, you will be able to do the following:
- Arrange and play your music and video according to your preferences
- Play or download infinite songs with Apple Music with zero ads provided that you have a paid subscription with the apple music
- Listen to songs offline.
- Find any media including music, films, TV programs, audiobooks, free podcasts and a lot more within the iTunes Store
- Set up your iPhone, iPad or iPod and its media and much more with the use of iTunes
- This also helps when you want to reset your iPhone, iPad if you forget your password.
Uses of iTunes for Windows
iTunes offers different software and tools for Windows to give much more efficient usage.
- Ping: The latest main feature in iTunes is Ping, this is Apple’s try at including a social networking element into iTunes. With Ping, you can be able to follow your favorite artists and recognize what music they prefer or get the first word on albums, announcements, and concerts. Your friends can follow you. Apple adds links to perform it simpler to buy the music you find.
- Auto syncing: iTunes will just not only recognize an iPod, iPhone, or iPad but it will also instantly download all the content that you added to your iTunes account since the last sync also if you do not want it to download, you can change it in the settings. Your iPod will also upload to iTunes any fresh song ranks or playlists you have created straight on your iPod. Also, there is a problem with auto-sync that is it just syncs blindly, for example, if you clear your iTunes library and connect it to auto sync it will wipe everything off To avoid this, just turn off auto sync.
- Smart Playlists: You will also be able to set parameters for iTunes to compose a playlist for you using songs from your library. These parameters can be anything that includes the song’s genre, date of release, or its rating. If you add a new song to iTunes that suits your Smart Playlist parameters, then the software will automatically add it to the playlist.
- Genius: This is one of the newest addition to iTunes. Genius compiles the playlists for you, you can just pick a song, and this software will create a playlist around that chosen song. Mostly, all the songs in the library should complement each other. It will also suggest songs and apps for you to buy to create your library.
- Home Sharing: If you have got many computers in your family, you will have several music libraries on different computers. This Home Sharing feature permits you to share music over multiple computers on your home network. One thing is that all the computers should be logged into iTunes following the same account for this software to work.
- Videos: You will be able to download videos, movies, or TV shows from the iTunes Store to see them in iTunes and also download them to an iPod video. You can also transform your DVDs to iTunes video form by using multiple pieces of external software prepared for just this purpose.
- Audiobooks: You can also hear audiobooks through iTunes.
- Editing ID3 tags: ID3 tags are pieces of data that are connected to a song that will incorporate the artist name, album title, release date, music genre, album art, and other related items. You will be able to change the tags and add tag data to your songs through iTunes.
- iTunes Store: The iTunes Store is a unified role of the software. You can browse and purchase content online, or listen to any content in the Music Store.
How to download the iTunes for windows
iTunes is one of the Windows programs created by Apple company for Windows. It completely obtains all the information on the computer. It is also slow to switch services like opening links on the other side. iTunes will only work with another Apple program, QuickTime, which is a video-playing program. When you install iTunes into your computer, you also install QuickTime, whether you want it to or not.
Here’s how to install iTunes in your Windows 10
- Open up your preferred browser and open the iTunes website. When you open it, Apple will redirect your browser to a different page, though that’s okay.
- Press the Download iTunes button. Apple will suggest you register for its mailing list and asks your email address.
- Make sure to deselect any boxes that you do not want to opt for, then tap or click the Download Now button. Your browser will download the correct version, it might either be a 32-bit or 64-bit. Based on which browser you’re using, you have to save and run the downloaded file.
- In the usual splash screen that comes, click Next. Then the installer choices appear.
- Deselect whatever options you don’t want to set your iTunes for like the Use iTunes as the Default Player for Audio Files because apple will use that and include top-rated music in your audio player without your acceptance.
- Now, click Install. The installer opens an ad on your screen, after that, a message will appear saying Congratulations!
- Click Finish. Then the iTunes is installed in your Windows.
With this article, I hope you understand how to download iTunes for Windows, its features, and uses.