If you continuously enter the incorrect password on the iPhone, you will surely get the error message stating “iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes”. You might wonder What is going on? Why is this message coming up? I’ll clarify that. This is Apple’s security means to protect your iPhone from unapproved access, which will be helpful if you lost your phone or if it is stolen but the same will cause problems when you forgot your passcode and type it more than 5 times in a row, causing this. In this article, we will guide you to iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes.
It will be very frustrating to be locked out of your phone and you might be wondering what can I do now to stop this error, well you have come to the right place cause in this article we’re going to discuss all about
- Why does this error occur?
- Method to fix this error with iTunes
- Method to fix this error without iTunes
Why does iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes error occur?
- Why does iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes error occur?
- Methods to Fix the iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes.
- Step 1: Enter Recovery Mode to Fix iPhone disabled connect to iTunes.
- Step 2: Find your iPhone/iPad using Mac
- macOS Catalina
- macOS Mojave or older
- iTunes 12
- iTunes 11
- iTunes 10
- Step 3: Now to Restore the last step to iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes Fix.
- Step 4: Set the new iPhone
- Restore your iPhone without iTunes:
This error almost normally means that you’ve got your passcode wrong too many times or maybe someone did it and your iPhone having better protective system locked itself up to fix it
The iPhone has the best protective vault for its users so if any hacker or a thief is trying to access your phone your data will not be accessible to them.
Also, if a hacker is trying to access your iPhone too if they attach it with a particular software that will guess through the guesses much faster than an individual, then they can easily open your iPhone.
To, prevent this from happening iPhone created a software which will completely lock the phone when there are more than 5 guesses in a row
Given below are the time and the number of incorrect guesses in a row that will take an iPhone to show the error code:
- If the incorrect guesses are 6, the error will be iPhone is disabled. Try again in 1 minute.
- If the incorrect guesses are 7, the error will be iPhone is disabled. Try again in 5 minutes.
- If the incorrect guesses are 8, the error will be iPhone is disabled. Try again in 15 minutes.
- If the incorrect guesses are 9, the error will be iPhone is disabled. Try again in 60 minutes
- If the incorrect guesses are 10, the error will be iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes
Also, this can be avoided if you have set your iPhone to erase after 10 incorrect guesses automatically. This error will, however, wipe the whole data on your phone
So, after 10 continuous failed attempts even if you finally remember the passcode, nevertheless your phone will be wiped.
Methods to Fix the iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes.
After you notice “iPhone disabled” messages, there’s no way that you can get back your data until unless you have back up on some other device cause whatever you do this is going to wipe all the data on your phone.
Now, to fix this error using iTunes, you have to follow the following steps,
Step 1: Enter Recovery Mode to Fix iPhone disabled connect to iTunes.
To start this process, the first step to do is to connect the iPhone to the computer and enter into the recovery mode and how to enter into the recovery mode will change based on the different versions of Apple products that you have.
- If you’re an owner of iPhone X, 8, 8+, Now press both volume buttons and side button, then wait for the power off slider to appear.
- Now. drag that slider down which will turn off the phone.
- Keep hold of the side button on your phone and plug it into Mac with your cable. Continue holding the side button until you see the recovery screen.
- Or if you’re using the iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, and iPod touch newer than the 6th generation, then click and hold the Side button till the power off slider screen appears.
- Then turn off the phone.
- Now, connect your phone to the computer with a cable while continue holding the side button until the recovery screen appears.
- Or If you’re using the iPhone 6s or earlier, then keep holding the Side button till you see the power slider appearing.
- Drag that to turn off your device.
- Now, for this device connect your iPhone to the computer while continue holding the home button until you notice the recovery screen.
- Or If you’re using an iPad that has Face ID you have to press and hold the top and either of the volume buttons until you see the power off slider.
- Turn off the iPad.
- For this device while connecting your iPad to the computer press the home button, till you notice the recovery screen.
- Or if you’re using an iPad that has a Home button, press and hold the top button until you see the power off slider appears.
- Now, turn it off.
- Connect your iPad to the computer while continuously holding the home button, till you see the recovery screen.
Step 2: Find your iPhone/iPad using Mac
Now, based on the software operating on your Mac the next step you have to do will either involve the finder with Mac or Windows.
If you are running Catalina software open a Finder window in the Mac, you can be able to see your iPhone or the iPad on the left side of the windows below the locations then click on it
macOS Mojave or older
Or if you are running Mojave or an older version on your Mac, then open iTunes first. As there are several versions of the iTunes you may be running on your iPhones, the methods will be different for each of such versions:
Press the iPhone’s symbol in the top-left edge of the iTunes window.
Press the iPhone’s tab on the right-hand side of the finder’s window.
For this version, the iPhone will be on the left sidebar
If you’re running the iTunes on a Pc, then the iPhone will be the same one of the versions of iTunes above.
Also, Read our article on Best Mac Snipping Tools for Mac OS.
Step 3: Now to Restore the last step to iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes Fix.
So, as you have selected the iPhone or the iPad on the computer, click on the restore button.
After you do this, the necessary software will be downloaded on the computer or Mac which will take more than 15 minutes. This can take a few minutes. After you finish downloading the software, wait until the data on your device is completely erased.
Step 4: Set the new iPhone
Now, you can easily set the iPhone to a new one. You’ll see the steps to backup while you’re doing the above steps and the error is now fixed.
Restore your iPhone without iTunes:
For some users, it is said that they can’t get connected to the iTunes option if you have tried the recovery method with the iTunes and it didn’t work then the only way to do so is to do it by iCloud.
As another method to wipe the disabled iPhone and to start it again is by using iCloud. This also will only be possible if you have a working data connection on your disabled phone and have installed Find My iPhone on the phone.
Now in your Mac, go to the website icloud.com and press on Find my iPhone and enter the password of your Apple account.
After some time, a map will emerge displaying the location of all the devices you have. Then click on All Devices at the top, select the iPhone that you want to wipe off, and Click Erase iPhone. You’ll then be able to open your iPhone.