Amazon fire tv is a Streaming media player. As a streaming device, it connects to the Internet and allows you stream content from various sources on the Internet like Netflix and YouTube fro videos and other sources from Music and Images. It comes in two variants one is Fire TV (Boxed size device), and other is FireStick which is a small appliance. Both are similar, but Fire TV is stronger than Fire Stick. You can buy a Fire Stick for just 50-60$. This post will help you in installing kodi on firestick. Firestick Kodi is a great setup because it is small and portable. You just need a Fast Internet connection and HDMI TV to enjoy content on your Firestick Kodi Setup.
Download Kodi For Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV Links.
Update: Amazon just unveiled new Fire Stick 2. All the methods listed bellow will work with new Amazon Firestick 2. The new Firestick is a great Kodi device because it is portable and powerful. If you are thinking to buy new Kodi box, then Firestick 2 can be a great option to look.
Read this simple guide on update Kodi on Firestick.
How To Install Kodi On Firestick (Amazon Fire Stick Kodi).
Amazon Fire Stick is an excellent device which can transform your DUMB TV to a Smart TV. You Just need to put this device in HDMI Port of television, and now you can enjoy it. On Amazon Fire TV you can enjoy 4000 channels, Apps, Games and 250,000 TV episodes. Kodi firestick setup is ideal for many types of users, and you will enjoy this thing for sure. You can stream tons of movies, songs, and images on your Amazon Fire TV Kodi setup. Some articles also call it Jailbreak FireStick.
Learn How to Install Genesis Kodi.
Kodi Amazon fire stick is a great combination to Enjoy your Home Theater setup. Fire Stick comes with a remote so you can use the same remote to control your Kodi setup. Amazon Fire Stick Kodi uses Android OS, But you do not get Play Store Installed. So, You can not go to Play Store and directly Kodi configuration. You need to setup Kodi by side loading Kodi on it. I am listing the best methods on how to install Kodi on Amazon fire stick.
You will like Use Old Android Device as HTPC.
1. How To Download Kodi on Firestick (Jailbreak Fire TV).
This method is the fastest, and it works perfectly for every Fire TV and Firestick device. Follow the bellow mentions simple steps.
- Go to Settings and then scroll down to System.
- Find Developer Options and then Enable ADB Debugging.
- Also Enable Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Now, Go Back and Open App Store. Search and install Downloader (by eSaba).
- Now open the app installed in above step and paste bellow link and Click on Download Button.
- Once the App is Downloaded, you will get the option to Install Kodi. Click on Install button.
- Now Kodi is installed on your Firestick. Go to apps section and then start Kodi.
Also, Use these awesome hack Amazon fire stick to enhance your experience.
2. Install Kodi Firestick TV Using Apps2Fire Mobile App.
Apps2Fire is an Android app that helps you to Install Android apps on Amazon fire tv stick Kodi. So, You need to Install Kodi first on your Phone, and then Apps2Fire will transfer that app to your Fire TV. If you have an Android smartphone, then Installing Kodi is very simple. It is one of the fastest methods on how to install Kodi on Firestick.
- Go to Settings, System, Developer options. There You will get an option for “Apps from Unknown Sources.”Turn this option ON. Once you complete everything and Kodi is installed on your kodi Amazon Fire TV, then you can Turn off this option.
- Go to Settings, System About, Network and record the IP address of your Fire TV.
- Install and Setup Apps2fire. Put the IP address of your Fire Stick.
- Install Kodi on Your Phone.
- Click on Menu and then Click on Upload Button. You can see a list of all your apps. Now, Choose Kodi From this List.
- The Installation will start. If you see any error, then this method will not work for you so use the bellow method.
Apps2Fire is a simple app which allows us on how to Download Kodi on Firestick. If everything works perfectly then putting Kodi on firestick is successful.
List of Top 30 Best Kodi Addons January 2017.
3. Install Kodi Amazon Fire Stick Using ES File Explorer (Amazon Fire Stick Kodi).
Update: This method no Longer works because Amazon removed ES File Explorer from their FireTV app store.
As the heading suggests, we are Going to use Best File Explorer app to install kodi on amazon fire tv stick. ES File Explorer is a great app, and that’s why it is available on Amazon Store also. Follow the Bellow steps Properly for how to use Kodi on firestick.
If you own a Samsung smart TV then “Install Kodi on Samsung smart TV” guide will be helpful for you.
- Enable Developer Options (kodi amazon fire tv): Go to Settings, System, Developer options. There You will get an option for “Apps from Unknown Sources.”Turn this option ON. Once you complete everything and Kodi is installed on your Fire TV, then you can Turn off this option
- Install ES File Explorer: Go to the Home screen of your Fire TV and then click on the search function. Type “ES File Explorer.” Now click on the app Icon and install it. Otherwise, You can go to this link https://www.amazon.co.uk/ES-Mobile-File-Explorer/dp/B008K6HN8I?ie=UTF8&redirect=true and Click on Install. It will automatically Download ES File Explorer on your Fire Stick.
- Download Kodi (install kodi on firetv): ES File Explorer is a great app for file management and it also allows us to Download third party files and APK quickly. Click on Left of the screen. There click on “Add” button, You will see a box to fill the details.
- Add Kodi Download Link: In path option, you need to put Download link of Kodi. Put this link http://kodi.tv/download in path section and Don’t forget to add HTTP://. In name section just put Kodi.
- Start the Download (How to put Kodi on amazon fire stick ): After this click on Kodi option in the sidebar. It will open Kodi Download page. Scroll down and click find Android option. Make sure to download ARM version of Android.
- How to put Kodi on firestick Box (install Kodi fire stick): Wait for the download to finish and then Click on Open File option. Now, You can see APK of Kodi. Open that APK and select Install kodi on firetv.
- Once Installation is completed, Click on Open button and Enjoy Kodi.
Now Kodi on amazon fire tv is installed perfectly. Kodi is located at Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Kodi.
For Apple Tv users you can Download Kodi for Apple TV. This is the simplest method to Jaibreak Fire Stick and Enjoy kodi on it.
4. Installing Kodi Fire Stick Using adbLink (How to Put Kodi on Firestick).
This method of installing Kodi on Firestick is little complicated than above two methods but as you can not Install Es File Explorer on Firestick/FireTV and if you don’t have an Android device then only this method can help you in fire tv stick kodi setup.
For this method, you will need a laptop/computer and Firestick should be in same Network, i.e., both should be connected to same WiFi or same Internet Modem. You can use Windows, Mac, Linux laptop/computer. adbLink is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. adbLink work in the same way on all of them.
- Download Kodi File from Here. Save it on your computer on which you will run adbLink.
- Now we need to enable ADB in Amazon Fire TV device. Start Firestick and then Navigate to Settings > System > Developer Options. Turn on both the toggle in this option. Enable Apps from Unknown Sources and ADB Debugging. (You will see a message about unknown sources choose OK)
- Now, We need to find the IP address of your Firestick/FireTV device to use adbLink tool. We will use this IP to push the Kodi files to our Firestick/FireTV devices. Go to Settings > System > About > Network. Note this IP address we will use it in next step.
- Your Firestick is ready and now its time to prepare your Computer. Download and Install adbLink from the Bellow Links.
adbLink Mac (OS X 10.7 or Higher)
- After downloading and installing you will see Window similar to this. Click on New button (Highlighted in Image bellow)
- In Description section type Firestick. In address section type the IP address noted in step 3 and clicked on Save button.
- Now you will be back to the main screen of adbLink. Now, Select Connect button.
- Now see the Connected devices box and the IP of your Firestick device should be listed there.
- Click on Install APK button.
- Now, you will need to locate the file of Kodi. We downloaded in step 1. After choosing it, you will see a message box choose Yes there.
- If everything is done correctly, then installation will begin. You can check the status in the Left corner of adbLink.
- Now, You will get the Installed message in adbLink click on OK button.
Kodi is now ready to use on your Firestick/FireTV device. Navigate to Settings >> Applications >> Manage Installed Applications >> Kodi. You can enjoy Kodi.
This method is tricky, but if you follow it correctly, then you can easily use kodi Amazon fire stick.
Here is a simple guide for Windows PC user who wants to know what is the runtime broker.
Differences Between Fire Tv and Firestick Kodi (Amazon Fire TV Stick Kodi).
- The Fire TV supports 1080p HD and 4K while Fire TV only supports 1080p HD.
- The Fire TV box connects to the TV using an HDMI cable, and it takes power using AC adapter. You can directly attach your fireStick to HDMI port of your TV. You can connect it to the USB port of TV to power it up. FireStick is a great product for wall mounted TV as you do not need to connect any wire.
- The fireTV also comes with an Ethernet port so you can directly connect your router using the ethernet cable. This thing will help while 4K is streaming. It also has a Micro SD slot to expand storage. It has more storage than fireStick. Kodi Fire TV setup is stronger than firestick, and it will work seamlessly without any lag whereas firestick lags a lot while playing full HD videos.
- The box supports more apps than fireStick. Support of More apps is always better.
- You can play some heavy games on Amazon FireTV while FireStick can only play some simple games. The primary target of Firestick is portability, so you can use it with any TV where in the world. If you setup Kodi on FireStick then you can simply stream everything you want to play on any TV. It is a great reason to choose Firestick.
- Physically both the devices are very different, but the user interface and Android integration are similar on both the devices. Finding the difference between both in Software is tough. That’s why above mentioned steps work for both FireTV and FireStick to install Kodi.
- If you want Best streaming quality and Portability is not a concern for you, then FireTV is the best deal for you. But if you need a portable device under 50$ budget then FireStick is best for you. Amazon has done excellent integration with streaming services like Netflix. You can jailbreak both Fire Tv and FireStick.
Things You Can Do After Installing Kodi on Firestick.
- Directly stream Torrent Content on your Firestick. You can watch full HD movies and TV shows for free. If you setup IPTV on your Kodi then you can also stream live TV for free. You can discontinue cable connection after setting up the IPTV. You will be able to watch the thousands of TV channels for free.
- Stream music from various services like Soundcloud, Apple iTunes, etc. With this way can listen to all brand new songs on your TV for free. No need to visit any crappy website to download new songs, just start Kodi on Firestick, and you can stream everything.
- Various Streaming services like YouTube, Netflix and Hulu are integrated into Kodi. Just Login to your account in these services and you can enjoy them.
- View High-quality images from sites like Flickr and Pinterest. You can keep these images on the slideshow.
If these steps didn’t worked for you, then please write a detailed comment. It will help me to make this article better.