Chromecast is streaming dongle made by Search engine giant Google. The basic usage of it is to stream content directly from your Mobile device to your TV. It can be super helpful while streaming things from Youtube to your TV. It directly downloads content from Youtube or other services so your need not to do any work. You can use your Mobile, Laptop, Tablets to stream content on Chromecast but streaming Kodi on Chromecast can be a little bit tricky
Download Kodi For Chromecast.
Kodi is an excellent Multimedia software made of Home Theatre PC setup. You can use it on a broad range of devices like Android powered phone, Tablet, and even Smart TV, PC, iPad and other devices. You can use Kodi to stream content from various services like Youtube, Netflix and other services including torrent sites also. So, You can stream new movies and songs for free that also in full HD quality. If you are ne to Kodi then here is a Kodi TV Download guide.
If you are planning to use both things together, then you are at correct place. Our guide will help you to quickly setup Chromecast Kodi streaming. Follow bellow steps correctly, and if you own a Smart TV, then you should check how to use Kodi on samsung smart tv.
Can You Download Kodi For Chromecast (Kodi Chromecast Support)?
It is not possible to install Kodi on Chromecast Stick, so we will use two devices to stream kodi and Chromecast. The first device will be Kodi client it can be any device running on Android, or a PC/Laptop or a Mac. We will cast the Kodi client to Chromecast with various methods.
Note: Kodi for Chromecast is not possible on the iOS device, so this article is about Android only. Bad Luck Apple Users.
List of Top 30 Best Kodi Addons January 2018.
Three Methods to Chromecast Kodi Android.
The Best Way To Stream Kodi Chromecast (Kodi Android Chromecast)
So, This method is a little bit longer way to accomplish our goal, but it is the best way to do. If you want a permanent solution to your problem, then you should try this method. If you use this method, then you will be able to turn off the screen of your device, make calls, And do multitasking while streaming content on Chromecast. This the best way and you will like this. I highly recommend following this step. Here is a link to install Kodi on Apple TV guide.
Watch Live TV on Your Kodi Device With Kodi Live TV Addon.
How to Cast Kodi To Chromecast Using ES File Explorer.
There is no Kodi Chromecast addon, but this thing will help you to stream content in the best way.
Make sure Kodi is suitably installed and working on your Android device. It can be a Phone, Tablet, Android Powered PC/TV. Here is the guide to install kodi on Amazon Firestick and to install kodi on Roku. Follow the bellow steps.
- Download and install Es File Explorer on your Kodi device.
- Download and install LocalCast for Chromecast/DLNA app on your Android Kodi Client.
- Now, On Your Kodi Client Kodi, Es File Explorer and Localcast is installed. Now, Open Es File Explorer and Go to Menu (Upper Left Corner) then click on setting and here enable Hidden files.
- Download this XML file named as PlayerFactoryCore.xml
- Go to Download folder on your Android device and copy PlayerfactoryCore.XML file and then navigate to Android->Data->org.xbmc.kodi->files->.kodi->userdata and paste the file here. Now your Kodi client is ready to connect with Chromecast.
- Open Kodi navigate to your favorite video and play it. Now Local cast will automatically start with details of Kodi video.
- Choose your Chromecast device on Local cast app, and you are good to Chromecast kodi.
You can use this method to Stream kodi content on Apple TV, Xbox one or any streaming device which supports DLNA. Kodi Android Chromecast is best for you if you use an Android best device for Kodi like Amazon Firestick or Android Smart TV.
Video Tutorial: Chromecast for Kodi.
How To Stream Kodi to Chromecast (Short Method).
As the header says it is the quick and fast way to achieve our Target but it has some significant drawbacks also. The video/picture quality will not be that good on your TV. The experience will not be smooth. But if you do this infrequently then it is good for you.
Here is a simple guide on How to update Kodi.
- Install Chromecast Official app on your Android phone.
- Open Chromecast app find your device and follow the instructions to connect it.
- Once, Connected Open Kodi app on your Android device.
- Play anything on Kodi it will play on both devices.
Here is an article on fire TV hack.
If you follow this, then you will not be able to off the screen of your Android device. You won’t be able to make calls without interrupting streaming. And the quality of the video will not be good.
Use Your Computer for streaming Kodi to Chromecast (Kodi Chromecast Windows).
As I already said above that it not possible to install Kodi on Chromecast so we will use a Kodi client. In above to methods, Kodi client was an Android powered device, but in this process, we will use PC or Mac for Kodi Client. Kodi will run on our Laptop or Mac. This method is useful, but the video may lag while playing high-quality HD content and you can not Lock, Sleep or do another thing on your Laptop/Mac. It will consume lots of battery of your laptop, so it is not feasible for long streaming.
- Install and configure Kodi on your laptop/PC.
- If you are using Chrome, then install Google cast extension and if you are not using Chrome then Install it. Chrome is the best browser and surely better than Internet Explorer.
- Start Google cast extension and pair it with your Chromecast device.
- Once Chromecast and Google Cast are paired then click on ” Cast To” option on the top of extension menu, you will see more options.
- Here you should select “Cast Desktop” option. Now your whole desktop screen is cast on TV connected with Chromecast along with the audio.
- No, Open Kodi and play anything you want you will be able to stream it on your Chrome device quickly.
Now, You can easily enjoy your Kodi Chromecast setup. I highly recommend you to follow the first step because video playback will be flawless and you will be able to multi-task on your Android device and can do the important task like Calling. Other methods will not allow you multi-tasking, and quality of the video will not be that great.
Some Extra Information About Kodi.
Kodi is Media Center Software available for various Operating systems and different hardware. It is an open source software and developed by a nonprofit organization. As It is an Open Source Software many developers across the Glob are working to make Addons and other services for Kodi. This is the reason it has content from many languages across the world and most used HTPC software.
It supports various Streaming services like YouTube, Hulu, Netflix, BBC iPlayer and many other streaming services. It also supports IPTV, so you can directly watch Live TV on your Kodi setup by using Kodi IPTV Addons.
It also supports user interface customization so that you can change the look of your Kodi Dashboard. There are many Skins available that you can use. You just need to download it and apply it. You do not need any technical skills for doing this. We, have requested Kodi team to enable Kodi Chromecast feature in Kodi directly.
Other than this feature there are many small feature that makes the experience great. The Movies, Music, and images are formatted perfectly, and it is very easy to browse your media files using Kodi. It supports various Audio and Video formats. You can easily play all your Files on Kodi.
If you are facing any issue in above process, then comment bellow I will try to help you out.