Hardcore PC gamers often need to handle two main tasks for ensuring a smooth gaming session – organizing the other gamers throughout the gaming session and maintaining communication with them. To ensure that these tasks are successfully carried out, you will need a platform with video and voice chat options. Discord is one of the best free platforms a gamer can use for communicating with other players while smashing virtual enemies with a joystick. It reports 250M users and has about 14M individuals logging daily. Discord is similar to other popular professional platforms like Slack and Skype. It is not only useful for communication purposes while playing games, but also for creating spaces to find other players and socialize with them.
The functionality of Discord has resulted in the acceptance of Discord as a forum-style community platform. Fans of a particular gaming console, studio or title can create/join public and private Discord servers for discussing their common interests and socializing. You will also find plenty of public Discord servers that focus on various topics, including self-improvement, anime, and cryptocurrency.
What exactly is Discord Server?
Discord allows you to set up a chat room which is referred to as a ‘server’. You can invite your peers or colleagues to your Discord server by sending them an invitation link. Each server consists of ‘channels’ (small spaces for discussing specific topics). These channels are available in both voice and text versions, making it comfortable for you to communicate in the mode you find suitable for the discussion. You can make the whole server either public, which will allow anyone to join it, or private, which will allow other Discord users to join only through your ‘invite links’.
Discord also allows you to connect other social media accounts with its app. You can connect the Discord app with Xbox, Spotify, Twitch, Steam, and Twitter for tracking down your friends. Discord supports ‘Markdown’ for texting so that you can alter your text messages even if you don’t know how to code. It will also help you to add formatting such as strikethroughs, bold, italics and spoiler alerts to your messages. You can download the desktop version of Discord discordapp.com.
You don’t necessarily need a PC to stay connected with your friends through Discord servers. The Discord mobile app is available on both iOS and Android and smartphones and you can download the app from the iTunes App Store and the Google Play Store. You will find most of Discord’s web and desktop functionality in its mobile app version. The Discord mobile app can be used to locate other users, chat with them and find servers.
After creating a Discord server, you can set up different roles for the members. You can create special roles for the most active members on your server along with creating roles for moderators or other administrators. When you set up different member roles, it will help you to manage your server with ease. Such roles will also be no less than rewards for the active members on your server.
Procedures to Delete a Discord Server
If you own a Discord server and wish to delete it, you need to follow just a few steps. The procedure is quite simple and it will hardly take a minute to complete. But keep in mind that you will require your 6-digit ‘auth code’ if two-factor authentication was enabled by you. The ‘auth code’ can be found after opening the Google Authenticator app or Authy on your smartphone. You can delete a Discord server in 2 ways – using the mobile app or using the desktop app. The mobile app is meant for both Android and iPhone devices, while the desktop app is applicable for both PC and Mac.
Deleting Discord Derver through the Desktop
The following are the steps for deleting a Discord server with the help of the desktop app:
- Open Discord on your PC/Mac and enter into the server you want to delete.
- Move the cursor on your screen’s top-left corner where you will find the server’s name and click on it.
- A dropdown menu will appear after you click on the server’s name. Choose the ‘Server Settings’ option from the menu.
- The left sidebar will display the ‘Delete Server’ option. Click on it.
- You will see a pop-up with your server’s name on its top. Enter this name or your 6-digit authentication code.
- Click on ‘Delete Server’.
If you want to transfer the ownership of your server to another user instead of deleting it, follow the steps given below:
- Open the settings section of your server and select the ‘Members’ option present in the left sidebar.
- A list of all the server members will appear. Hover over the server member that you wish to transfer your ownership to and click on the ‘3 dots’ present on the right.
- This will give you a list that includes all the members of your server. Hover over the username you wish to pass on your ownership to and then, click the three dots situated on the right.
- Choose the ‘Transfer Ownership’ option.
Also, If you are looking to stream some free content then you should check out our list of Best Kodi Addons.
How to Delete Discord Server Using the Mobile App
The following are the steps for deleting a Discord server with the help of the mobile app:
- Open Discord on your smartphone and navigate to the server that you wish to delete.
- For opening the side menu, swipe right. Tap the server’s name which will appear at the top of your screen.
- After a pop-up appears, click on the ‘gear’ icon present on the right.
- Choose the ‘Overview’ option.
- Select the ‘Delete Server’ option at the bottom of the ‘Overview’ page.
- A confirmation message will appear which asks whether you want to delete the server or not. Select ‘Yes’ to confirm the same. If you had enabled two-factor authentication earlier, you will need the ‘auth code’ from your Google Authenticator app or Authy.
The two procedures mentioned above for deleting your Discord server will ensure that your server is deleted without you going through any issues.